League Management Company have approved Agege Stadium and six others venue ahead of 2020-2021 Nigeria Professional Football League season.
The LMC had considered the Soccer Temple Stadium in Agege was not good enough, stating proffesional league matches that they MFM would play their home games for the upcoming NPFL season at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Surulere.
However, with the Plies and Cries of Football Loving Lagosians, the Lagos State Government commenced work on renovating Agege Stadium.
The LMC released a statement that the Soccer Temple Stadium is one of the seven match venune that will be used ahead of the 2020-21 NPFL season so far.
“We gladly notice the amount of work carried out in some stadia to bring them up to the standard required for the NPFL and the various plans going forward for major works and maintenance”.
Consequently, the following stadia are hereby granted approval to host NPFL matches.
1. Soccer Temple Stadium, Agege, Lagos – MFM
2. Ifeanyi Uba Stadium, Nnewi- Fc Ifeanyi Uba
3. Akure Township Stadium, Akure – Sunshine Stars
4. Lafia Township Stadium, Lafia – Nasarawa United
5. New Jos Stadium, Jos – Plateau United
6. Ozoro Poly Stadium, Delta State – Warri Wolves
7. Dan Anyam Stadium, Owerri – Heartland Fc
The League Management Company (LMC) has confirmed December 27 as the commencement date for the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) 2020/2021 season.