Thomas Meunier ignored Dortmund’s advice for players not to discuss the Jadon Sancho to Manchester United transfer story in the press.
Belgium international Meunier and Sancho are Dortmund team-mates, and presumably the midfielder knows more than most about the England international’s plans.
Sky Sports News visited Dortmund’s Brackel training centre last week for an update on Sancho, and spoke to BVB sporting director Michael Zorc.
Zorc confirmed the club’s stance once again, insisting Sancho will not be leaving. He said: “The door is closed, I have said this 27 times!”
And it seems Meunier couldn’t resist following suit, despite Dortmund instructing players not to talk to the media about Sancho.
As the Belgian walked past Sky Sports News reporters he said: “Sancho is staying”.
It has been a hectic and unique transfer window so far – so make sure you don’t miss a single thing by signing up for the brilliant new Mirror Football newsletter!
Sancho is currently in the UK ahead of international duty, and will meet up with his England team-mates and Gareth Southgate on Monday.
The Three Lions have matches against Wales, Belgium and Denmark on the horizon.
Manchester United have all but given up trying to sign Sancho this summer and will revisit the transfer next season.
Dortmund have refused to come down on their asking price for their prized asset, and United feel £108million is too steep in today’s market.
The Red Devils are set to sign Uruguayan forward Edinson Cavani as an alternative, with the 33-year-old ready to pen a deal until 2022.