Irked by reports making the rounds that his client has rejected Napoli transfer bid, Osimhen Agent, Osita Okolo said Napoli deal is on even though the Lille striker is under pressure to make a final decision.
It was believed that Napoli had already reached an agreement with Osimhen’s club OSC Lille for a reported €70m fee.
Later on, it was claimed that Osimhen did not want to move to Italy because of the country’s racism problem.
But Osita told Radio Punto Nuovo on Friday that talks are still ongoing adding that Osimhen is weighing up every option regarding Napoli before making his final decision.
He admitted the former Charleroi forward in under pressure following media reports surrounding his negotiations with Napoli but hinted that Osimhen wants to be sure of his choice before putting pen to paper.
“Things are stuck now, negotiations are still going on. We are waiting for Victor’s response, while the dialogues continue but an answer will come very soon even though I don’t know when exactly.
” I talked to Victor, he feels a little under pressure but he wants to be 100% sure of his choice and everything else before making a decision, ” Tuttomecartowebb reported on Friday.
Osimhen has attracted interest throughout Europe after scoring 18 goals in 38 appearances during his breakthrough season in France.
The 21-year-old sat joint-fourth in the Ligue 1 goalscoring charts, level with Neymar, before the season was curtailed due to the global Covid-19 pandemic outbreak.
Osimhen had impressed enough to be named as a ‘priority’ target for Man Utd this summer, while Inter Milan are among the continental clubs keeping a watchful eye on developments.