Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti has said he is hopeful that Super Eagles midfielder Alex Iwobi recover fast enough from his latest injury setback.
The Italian gaffer has revealed that he actually took Iwobi off last night after the midfielder picked up a hamstring problem.
Everton will now be waiting to find out how severe Iwobi’s injury is, and they will hope that it doesn’t keep him out for a long period of time, with the games coming thick and fast between now and the end of the season.
Iwobi was withdrawn at half-time, with youngster Anthony Gordon coming on to take his place.
The Nigerian had been quiet in the first 45 minutes, but part of the reason for that may have been as he picked up an injury.
“I wanted to use some fresh legs for the game,” Ancelotti said, when asked about his substitutions.
Iwobi had a little problem on his hamstring so I took him out and after that, I put on fresh players for the end of the game.” Ancelotti told Skysports on Tuesday.
The 24-year old Nigeria international has struggled to keep up the pace at Everton dropping to fourth in the pecking order of midfielders at the club owing to series of injuries he picked up early in the season.